What is the NPSSTS?
NPSSTS stands for Nipissing-Parry Sound Student Transportation Services. We are a consortium governed by a Board of Directors made up of a representative from each of our four local member school boards (Near North District School Board, Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board, Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l'Ontario, and Conseil scolaire catholique Franco-Nord). We arrange transportation services for students of these boards and apply any harmonized guidelines for the provision of services to all students.
The NPSSTS consortium was created in 2001 and incorporated in 2003. The Ontario Ministry of Education has since mandated that student transportation be coordinated through consortia, rather than through individual school boards, as a method of streamlining operations.
What do the NPSSTS do? Are you the bus company?
We are not a transportation operator. Our role is to manage and coordinate transportation services for our member boards. In this role, we maintain transportation-related student data for all students of all of the boards we service (approximately 17 000 student records), arrange transportation based on that data (including planning the necessary routes), supply route descriptions including student lists to the operators, and coordinate payment for services provided. In total, approximately 11 500 students are transported daily using over 400 routes travelling across nearly 28 000 km. We also monitor all safety issues that relate to student transportation, including school bus safety training and programs, and facilitate the resolution of complaints related to student transportation.
How do I reach the NPSSTS?
- by phone from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on all school days, at 705-472-8840;
- by phone from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on all other business days (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the summer), at 705-472-8840;
- in person from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (4 p.m. during the summer) on all business days;
- through the Write to Us feature on the Contact page of our website;
- by e-mail to
- by regular mail to:
685 Bloem Street
North Bay, ON
- If you wish to arrange transportation, please submit the required information through your school. If you need to make changes to an elementary student's file during the summer, please contact the school board office.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint about any aspect of student transportation, please do so in writing, via e-mail, regular mail, or fax.
- If you are looking for information on eligibility or details of individual transportation arrangements, please consult our website or ask for assistance from your school or our office.
- If you are inquiring about a particular student or bus route, please include those details in your message. Don't forget a phone number where we can reach you.
How I do get an answer to my question if I don’t see it listed here?
Please contact us by phone (705-472-8840) or e-mail